CustomerLAB “I would trust them with uncounted money.”
— George Anastasopoulos , CEO, Leadership Fundamentals, Author, I Love Mondays
CustomerLAB: ADVANCEMENTS IN PRODUCTIVITY
Founded in 1994, CustomerLAB is all about realizing rapid, sustainable productivity gains. We find cost savings and implement operational improvements for retail, consumer goods and health science organizations.
A team of seasoned subject matter experts apply advanced processes to accelerate growing organizations and turning around companies in crisis.
Contact us to learn more about how CustomerLAB can boost your organization’s working capital and profitability.
Companies hire us for one of three needs:
We find hard-cost reductions and margin improvements to rejuvenate healthy businesses. When the mandate permits, we share risks and gains with our clients. Mandates can be concentrated on a single cost center or broadened to deliver gains across the enterprise.
Mergers & Acquisitions
M&A services include operational diligence, post-merger integration & realization of synergies, validation opinions of non-recurring expenses and sourcing private placements of debt and equity.
Our specialized restructuring experts turn around distressed businesses for investors and lenders. In the United States, CustomerLAB professionals work through a strategic partnership with renowned New York-based restructuring firm Trimingham Inc.
Mandates typically focus on very tangible results:
- M&A; refinance; debt restructuring; Turnaround
- Operating finance: Preserve working capital; Tighten cash controls; Maximize margins
- Supply Chain: Cut shipping expenses; Optimize inventory costs; Improve forecast accuracy
- People strength: Reduce staff turnover; Muscle-build management & governance; Conversion of staffing from expense into measurable ROI
- Licensing and joint ventures
SECTORS WE SERVE…
“We selected CustomerLAB for their broad knowledge of retail issues and rare lack of vested interest with other suppliers to our industry. Their work was thorough, quick and unbiased. Most importantly, we were able to act on their practical recommendations to generate immediate results.” –Sobeys
CustomerLAB knows retail. Our specialists have decades of hands-on experience delivering efficiencies for independent and chain retailers in virtually every category of online and physical retail and hospitality across the U.S., Canada and South America.
Food, drug & optical
Convenience, gas, car wash
Apparel, footwear, jewelry & accessories
Home improvement, décor, hardware, equipment rental
Department & discount stores Furniture
Financial services, insurance
Electronics, wireless, appliances, photography
Automotive dealers, parts and service
Hotels & resorts, restaurants, bars & QSR
Beauty salons and spas
We unlock efficiencies in many retail and service disciplines:
Supply Chain: Inventory and warehouse management, Logistics & freight efficiencies, 3PL RFP’s, Sales: Forecasting, price modeling, category margin and mix optimization
People: Organizational change; Wage productivity and skills upgrading
Organizational change & training
Finance and administration; cashflow optimization
“CustomerLAB’s organizational skills are impressive but more importantly, they are able to impart these skills to anyone who is willing to work with them. I was very fortunate to have Jim Danahy’s guidance at a crucial time in our company’s history.”
– Thomas Burko, M.D., CEO & Founder, Medvisit Doctors Housecall Service
CustomerLAB professionals find better performance for health science clients across North and South America in:
- Pharmacy design, workflow, productivity, Medication Adherence, Medication Management ** (Please see our sister company AdhereRx)
- Rx and OTC forecasting, inventory and logistics
- Rx in-licensing and sales force optimization
- M&A operational diligence (for-profit and NFP)
- Hospital inventory, logistics and supply chain
- Medical imaging asset, operations and location optimization
- Disabled/seniors/maternity apparel manufacturing and distribution
- Medical Services
- Nursing and home care services
- Nursing facility management
- Physician Access/ house calls
- General administrative efficiencies/ practice management
- EAP mix and service delivery optimization
- Accredited CE on topics from clinical skills to ROI
- Pharmacy systems and compliance
- Regulatory affairs; health policy research
- EAP mix and service optimization
“I retained CustomerLAB to help us optimize our operating efficiencies. Like few other consulting firms, they have the ability to implement what they recommend. Their work is professional and innovative. I will not hesitate to retain CustomerLAB again.”
– Liz Bradbeer, former COO, YM Inc., CFO, Jones New York Canada
CustomerLAB experts have hands on experience in many consumer categories:
Apparel, footwear & accessories
Toys & sporting goods
Mass/home improvement/ electronics/ department/ dollar / office / furniture/ appliances
Hotel, restaurant, QSR
Our assignments routinely cross key disciplines from marketing & sales, to manufacturing, supply chain, operations, IT and finance:
- Marketing, branding, packaging, product design & development, margin & mix optimization, line extensions and rationalization
- Inventory and warehouse management, logistics, freight efficiencies, 3PL RFP’s, forecasting, DSD route engineering, IT/POS system selection
- Organizational change & training
- M&A, refinance, IPO, underperformance, turnaround, insolvency
Most of our two dozen senior subject matter specialists, have been with the firm for over 20 years. Bios are available on request.
Founder, CEO Jim Danahy
A third generation retailer, Jim spent the first 16 years of his career in executive positions with large retail and consumer goods companies. In addition to CustomerLAB, he is co-founder of pharmacy performance company AdhereRx Inc., and he and his wife Jo-Anne are co-owners of a pharmacy near their home in Saint John New Brunswick.
Since he established CustomerLAB in 1994, Jim has devised and implemented scores of rapid productivity improvement initiatives for retailers, healthcare providers, hospitality operators, manufacturers and distributors across North and South America. Mr. Danahy is an expert witness on retail matters, founding director (ret) of The Centre of Excellence in Retail Leadership in the Schulich Executive Education Centre at Toronto’s York University, jury member for Canada’s Product of the Year Awards and is a widely quoted authority in national business media including New York Times, CBC, CTV, Global, the Globe & Mail, Bloomberg, and various trade journals. Jim has sat on the Boards of several industry and community organizations including RAC Canada (including merger with Retail Council of Canada) and is a former chair of national health charity Hope Air. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Ryerson University.
firstname.lastname@example.org +1-416-523-0013 @jimdanahy